“Our future depends on how well many different kinds of people can live and work together.”- Malaysia’s Father of Independence, Tunku Abdul Rahman
Let’s uphold unity and embrace the diversity of this beautiful nation. With this Projek 57 X Earth Heir Tunku Mask, we hope to inspire pride in all who live in this land with values of celebrating one another. That our strength is in our diversity.
We are so proud of these masks and the people we work with. The embroidery is done by a very talented Refugee artisan who uses free hand embroidery for the Tunku image. He has a manual embroidery machine (without computerisation) which he then uses to craft each image of Tunku.
The World Fair Trade Organization Asia (WFTO Asia) has assisted us with a reusable mask design by a fellow fair trade social enterprise Sew On Studio in Hong Kong. 2% of all sales proceeds will be donated to the “Post Pandemic Recovery Program for Fair Trade Enterprises in Asia Fund”.
Earth Heir is now taking pre-orders for our refugee made, Fair Trade reusable masks with **filter pocket.
**Tested in Hong Kong with up to 91% effectiveness if you use 2 layers of kitchen paper towels as filters. Test results are from Dr. K. Kwong.
Production: will take about 7 - 10 days and you will be notified when your order is shipped. Please send us a message if you would like to make a custom logo or bulk purchase.
- Sewn and hand-embroidered by refugee tailors living in Malaysia in a workshop sanitized according to WFTO standards
- Each piece is certified Fair Trade by the World Fair Trade Organisation
- Comes with a pocket to insert filters, refer to poster for filter choices and effectiveness
- Measurements: Adult: (W) 21 cm x (H) 15.5 cm
How To Wear
- Open the mask cover, place the filter from the top (refer to chart for filter effectiveness).
- Close the mask cover, ensure the filter sticks out of the upper cover and the bottom corners (refer to step by step guide).
- Place the elastic loop around your head and adjust accordingly.
- Mold or pinch the wire to the shape of your nose.
How To Wash
- Wash the mask with water and soap.
- Air dry, then iron for further sanitisation.
- Please note that the filter should not be reused.
The usage time of this reusable mask is the same as the general surgical masks, for a maximum of 4 hours. Users are recommended to replace the cleaned and sanitized mask cover, and the filter insert once every four hours.
- Free shipping within Peninsular Malaysia for all orders above RM100. A fee will apply for purchases below RM100
- Cost of shipping for Sabah & Sarawak will be calculated at checkout, determined by the total weight of your basket.
- You will be sent a tracking number for your shipment once it has been shipped. Your purchase should arrive within 2-5 working days.
- We ship internationally, cost of shipping will be calculated at checkout. If your delivery country is not available upon checkout, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Depending on the destination country and customs clearance, your order can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive. We will send you a tracking number so you can check on your shipment.
- Customs or import duties are charged once the parcel arrives at destination country. You will need to bear these charges for customs clearance. Unfortunately, we cannot control or predict what these charges may be - please check with your local customs office for more details as customs tariffs vary from country to country
*We are a small team and aim to have your items packed and shipped within two working days.
Visit our Shipping (link to shipping policy) page for more information.