Dr. Jane Goodall is the world’s most well known expert on chimpanzees and a fervent activist for animal and environmental conservation, we were honoured to be able to present her with this exquisite bag, named after her.
Uncle Ng, as he is fondly known, is aged 62 and has 3 children. He is a self-taught artisan who learned to weave using books and magazines, and has been making bamboo rattan crafts for the last 30 years. Uncle Ng is one of the finest rattan weavers in Peninsular Malaysia. His skills have been helping to support his family even though he has been unable to walk due to childhood polio since the age of 3. Earth Heir has been working with Uncle Ng for more than five years and we are proud advocates of the #MadeinMalaysia ethos.
This Jane Bag has been lovingly woven by Uncle Ng and we hope you will find joy and utility using it.
- Measures: (L) 40cm x (W) 12cm x (H) 20cm -excluding handles-
- Handwoven rattan, comes with custom leather handles.
- Leather handles made from upcycled leather from a small local shoe factory; hand cut and embossed in Klang, Malaysia.
- Removable inner organiser made by refugee women, secured with a hand-cut, zero-waste leather zipper (sourced from leather off-cuts).
- Inner organiser available in black and each organiser has a different limited edition print inside.
Please make a note of your preference at checkout:
- Leather handles available in:
- Dark Brown
Note: Model shots are only intended to give a sense of size and fit, not colour.
- Free shipping within Peninsular Malaysia for all orders above RM100. A fee will apply for purchases below RM100
- Cost of shipping for Sabah & Sarawak will be calculated at checkout, determined by the total weight of your basket.
- You will be sent a tracking number for your shipment once it has been shipped. Your purchase should arrive within 2-5 working days.
- We ship internationally, cost of shipping will be calculated at checkout. If your delivery country is not available upon checkout, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Depending on the destination country and customs clearance, your order can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive. We will send you a tracking number so you can check on your shipment.
- Customs or import duties are charged once the parcel arrives at destination country. You will need to bear these charges for customs clearance. Unfortunately, we cannot control or predict what these charges may be - please check with your local customs office for more details as customs tariffs vary from country to country
*We are a small team and aim to have your items packed and shipped within two working days.
Visit our Shipping (link to shipping policy) page for more information.