Gula Apong (Palm Sugar) is derived from the Nipah Palm (Nypa Fruticans) commonly found in the coastlines and mangroves of Sarawak.
The sap is harvested by making a cut beneath the flowerhead of mature fruit-bearing palm trees, releasing the sweet liquid which is collected in small bottles or bamboo containers. The sap is then boiled and stirred continuously for several hours until caramalised and thickened into either a sugar syrup or solid sugar. Approximately 10kgs of sap is required to produce a kilo of Gula Apong.
Gula Apong can be described as having a subtle salted caramel flavour.
Ingredients: pure palm sugar
Origin: Coastal areas of Sarawak
Nipah Salt is processed from the Nipah palms that grow abundantly along Sarawak's coastal areas. Bathed in seawater, the boughs of the palm tress are cut, dried and burnt, their ashes washed in water to obtain the naturally occurring salt deposits. The final product looks very much like a hardened mineral rock, with streaks of black and grey.
Sourced from Mukah, Sarawak, our Nipah Salt is still processed the same traditional way.
Content weight: 200g
- Free shipping within Peninsular Malaysia for all orders above RM100. A fee will apply for purchases below RM100
- Cost of shipping for Sabah & Sarawak will be calculated at checkout, determined by the total weight of your basket.
- You will be sent a tracking number for your shipment once it has been shipped. Your purchase should arrive within 2-5 working days.
- We ship internationally, cost of shipping will be calculated at checkout. If your delivery country is not available upon checkout, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Depending on the destination country and customs clearance, your order can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive. We will send you a tracking number so you can check on your shipment.
- Customs or import duties are charged once the parcel arrives at destination country. You will need to bear these charges for customs clearance. Unfortunately, we cannot control or predict what these charges may be - please check with your local customs office for more details as customs tariffs vary from country to country
*We are a small team and aim to have your items packed and shipped within two working days.
Visit our Shipping (link to shipping policy) page for more information.