This bemban wristlet is a perfect size for when you travel (for keeping travel documents) or for a quick jaunt to the neighbourhood shops - just hang it on your wrist and be hands free.
Our bemban natural fibre pouches are woven by Kak Manoi, hailing from the Iban indigenous tribe in Sarawak, Borneo, Malaysia. She learned how to weave by watching her mom weave Bemban mats when she was a child. Each pouch takes about 2 days to weave and stitch. The process to weave with bemban takes time as it is a very tedious process to strip off the skin of the bemban.
Bemban is scientifically known as the "Donax Canniformis", it is a white flowering reed of the arrowroot family that grows in swampy areas and marshes in South East Asia.
The reclamation of lands for development has destroyed large swathes of the plant, so we are pleased to be able to make these with Kak Manoi!
- Bemban Wristlet : 23.5cm (L) x 15.5cm (H)
*The cash is used for illustration purposes only
- Free shipping within Peninsular Malaysia for all orders above RM100. A fee will apply for purchases below RM100
- Cost of shipping for Sabah & Sarawak will be calculated at checkout, determined by the total weight of your basket.
- You will be sent a tracking number for your shipment once it has been shipped. Your purchase should arrive within 2-5 working days.
- We ship internationally, cost of shipping will be calculated at checkout. If your delivery country is not available upon checkout, please contact us for a shipping quote.
- Depending on the destination country and customs clearance, your order can take between 1-2 weeks to arrive. We will send you a tracking number so you can check on your shipment.
- Customs or import duties are charged once the parcel arrives at destination country. You will need to bear these charges for customs clearance. Unfortunately, we cannot control or predict what these charges may be - please check with your local customs office for more details as customs tariffs vary from country to country
*We are a small team and aim to have your items packed and shipped within two working days.
Visit our Shipping (link to shipping policy) page for more information.