Dr. Jane Goodall is the world’s most well known expert on chimpanzees and a fervent activist for animal and environmental conservation, we were honoured to be able to present her with this exquisite bag, named after her.
This is a rattan bag lovingly handwoven out of rattan by KL Ng. Ng , age 62 has two children and has been unable to walk due to childhood polio at age 3. He learnt the craft to help support this family, and has been doing this for the last 30 years.
- Measures: (L) 40cm x (W) 12cm x (H) 20cm -excluding handles-
- Handwoven rattan, comes with custom leather handles and an embroidered dust bag that can be used to store valuables inside the bag.
- Leather handles made from upcycled leather from a small local shoe factory; hand cut and embossed in Klang, Malaysia.
- Leather handles available in black, dark brown and tan. Please make a note at checkout to let us know which you would like.
- Dust bag was stitched by a Syrian refugee artisan.
- Removable inner organiser made by refugee women, secured with a hand-cut, zero-waste leather zipper (sourced from leather off-cuts).
- Inner organiser available in black and each organiser has a different limited edition print inside.
Note: Model shots are only intended to give a sense of size and fit, not colour.